Since our founding in 1961, WAHHI has donated thousands of dollars to projects that benefit our community. In 2017, we established the WAHHI Charitable Fund administered by The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry. Since then, we’ve awarded grants to local charitable organizations to support specific program needs. Our grantees include community pillars such as The Children’s Center, The Literacy Center, Family Promise, Coastal Discovery Museum and many more.
Our grants are given to projects that align with the core values expressed in WAHHI’s mission statement: To facilitate communication among women, to encourage projects that benefit the community and to promote the natural and cultural beauty of the Lowcountry.
2021 WAHHI Charitable Fund Grants
- Our application submission deadline is Nov 15, 2020.
- 2021 Charitable Grants will focus on projects that support and impact women and children in our communities.
- Awards will be presented to approved organizations in January 2021.
- Recipients will be invited for recognition at our 60th Anniversary Program on February 17, 2021.
Local charities are encouraged to review the WAHHI Charitable Fund Grant Application and apply for grants (up to $1,500) that support programs designed specifically for the benefit of cultural and environmental dimensions of WAHHI’s mission. All applications will be reviewed by the WAHHI Charitable Fund Committee and awards will be submitted to the WAHHI Council for approval.All grant applicants are required to meet four criteria:
- Applicant must have 501(c)(3) status.
- Applicant must fit our area of focus.
- Applicant must serve our geographical area.
- Applicant must have offices located in the geographical boundaries as defined by the WAHHI constitution.
If your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) and would like to apply for a grant from WAHHI Charitable fund, please click here to download an application. Deadline for Grant Applications is Nov 15, 2020
What Can You Do to Support the Fund?
Support our many and varied fundraising activities throughout the year or make a one time or recurring donation by visiting our donation page on the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry website. Choose Women’s Association of Hilton Head Island from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.
Additional ways to contribute to the Charitable Fund this year:
- Join as a new member or renewing your membership at the Diamond Anniversary level. This membership level, at a cost of $60, includes a $25 donation to the WAHHI Charitable Fund which will be used to fund 2021 community grants and gifts.
- Make a donation at the WAHHI Picnic on September 22.
- Attend the 60th Anniversary BBQ Bash. A portion of the proceeds from the cost of tickets will go towards the WAHHI Charitable Fund.