The Women’s Association of Hilton Head Island (WAHHI) is about strengthening and supporting our Lowcountry women’s community. From engaging programs to participating in educational activites, stimulating small group activities to providing volunteerism opportunities, WAHHI offers Lowcountry women a home for fun and friendship.
Important Announcement from Tracy Harris, President
Hello WAHHI Women –
- We have canceled all the small events in April.
- We have canceled the April 21 luncheon.
- We have asked our interest group leaders to evaluate, postpone or cancel meetings through April.
- We have encouraged everyone to self-quarantine and practice safe habits.
We all have a role in protecting our families and our community. We will continue to evaluate and stay in touch with our local officials in the upcoming weeks.
Take a moment to please check on your neighbors and friends, especially elderly residents who may be living alone, or parents who are home with children. They may need a phone call or a meal or help with an errand.
Thank our first responders and doctors, nurses and other health professionals for what they are doing to protect us. Thank our workers at grocery stores, restaurants, and other businesses that continue to operate, provide resources and do their part to protect the public. Let’s support them!
- Visit the Hilton Head Island Town FAQ page for the latest news.
- Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce Local Resource Information can be found by visiting https://www.
hiltonheadchamber.org/covid- 19/?fbclid= IwAR2tsV5lUJhxcCMlHf- 9sLBLCXLDI0wnCMT-PL9_ YAYLYRyQRjInk90-kf8
- Agencies in our community – Deep Well, Sandalwood Community Food Pantry and others – stand ready to help those our residents unable to buy groceries, pay rent or pay other bills. You can find a list of these resources on this website at https://hiltonheadislandsc.
- Website – www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/TownofHHI
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/
WAHHI prides itself on hosting the best women’s events in the Lowcountry. These gatherings allow our members to come together regularly – encouraging friendship, fellowship, and as always, fun.
The Women’s Association of Hilton Head Island has played a vital role in the community we call home since 1961. The goals of the organization are to promote natural and cultural beauty of the Island, to encourage projects which benefit the community, and to facilitate communication among the women of the Lowcountry. Today, WAHHI is over 780 members strong.