Leader – Ruth Wilwerding, 843-671-5562 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a social doubles group with all levels invited. Level of play 2.5 to 3.00 but we accept all new people, have fun and maybe improve your game.A reminder email is sent on Monday. We start play the middle of October and end play the middle of May. In January and February, we play from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. We ask everyone which days they can play, and a schedule is developed. Players need to find their own sub. Once group is started, a New Leader is requested.
- Location: Van Der Meer Tennis Center in Shipyard – Date and location could change depending on group.
- Day: Wednesdays from 9 to 11:00am
- Fee: $7/pp per week for clay court time
NEW! Golf NINE and Wine*~
This is a social golf 9 Hole group with all levels invited to have fun and improve your game. Play on Thursday at 3pm from October and ends in April on courses through the area and enjoyhappy hour wine (or something else) after play. Group golf lessons may also be offered.
Pace of play should be two yours for nine holes; and ladies should have a handicap of 40 or better. All signed up on the GOLF Interest Group list will receive an e-mail advertising the day and time of play and will be asked to respond to the e-mail that they can play.
Course coordinators will be solicited from the group. The coordinator will confirm the tee time a week in advance with the course and email a pairing schedule for the day to each person 3 days before the date of play. The coordinator will call the club and let them know the names of the players. If you find you are unable to play after that e-mail you will need to call the coordinator and the Golf Club
- Location: Various golf courses throughout the area, including Spanish Wells, Port Royal, Country Club of Hilton Head, Dolphin Head Golf Club and others
- Day: Thursday every other week from October to April
- Fee: Approximately $25/pp for 9 holes
* These groups require a fee & may have additional fees for extra field trips, meals, etc.
~These groups are new this year.