Difference Makers, “Having Fun Doing Good in a Day”*:
Co-Leaders – Connie Berding, 513-675-4565 and Barb Magee, 814-504-3703
The group organizes volunteer activities that “make a difference in a day”. Activities range from helping at the Children’s Center, preparing welcome home bags for service men returning to the US, beach clean-up walks, to valentines for the elderly. Each year the group chooses what activities they wish to do to help the community.
- Kick-off session scheduled for Difference Makers at Wexford Clubhouse on October 10 at 10:30 a.m. for organization meeting
- Those interested in helping to organize the activities suggested on October 10th will be invited to a planning meeting on October 30th at 10 am in the Palmetto Electric Community Room.
- $5 sign-up fee for interest group sign up at September luncheon – all participants must re-sign for the year and pay the fee.
- See the activities from last year below. Come Join the FUN FROM GIVING !
2017-2018 Difference Makers Activities:
- Volunteered at The Children’s Center/donated books
- Stuffed envelopes for Memory Matters mailings
- Participated in Work Day at Honey Horn Camellia Garden
- Collected/bagged toys donated for Children’s Center/Deep Well
- Collected items/packed baskets for returning military with “Operation Morale Support”
- Created favors/cards for Meals on Wheels clients
- Made/collected cookies at WAHHI Luncheon, distributed to 1st responders
- Planned/presented Bingo Party at Brookdale Assisted Living Center
- Volunteered at History Day (Heritage Center event)
- Collected/delivered food items for Sandalwood Food Pantry
- Created/stocked roadside Little Library boxes for Boys’ and Girls’ Club and St Luke’s (NOC program site)
- Helped with SOAR interaction parties for adults with special needs
FUN RAISNG FUNDS*~:
Leader: Tamar Avrit, 517-344-1624
Click here to sign up online
Come join this inaugural interest group which is focusing on the sources and methods WAHHI uses to raise funds to support the youth awards and our WAHHI Charitable Foundation grants. Currently, there are more needs identified in the community than WAHHI has as fund capacity. We seek any woman interested in and experienced with fund development; and anyone who has an interest and passion in helping serve as outreach coordinators for various fundraising events throughout the year. Come join us!
* These groups require a fee & may have additional fees for supplies, extra field trips, meals, etc.
~ New this Year